Abingdon Fire was alerted to a possible structure in the block of Ridgeview Drive. Upon arrival, it was confirmed as a structure fire with heavy smoke coming from the front of the dwelling. The fire started in the kitchen, probably around the microwave. Heavy fire and smoke damage was visible throughout the house. The single occupant was not injured and is being assisted by the American Red Cross. Engine 204, Tanker 202, Tower 203, Utility 207, Command 209, and Command 210 responded along with units of The Washington County Life Saving Crew.