Smoke Report at Big John’s Market and Deli – November 13, 2009

At 0100, Abingdon Fire Department was dispatched to a smoke alarm activation at Big John’s market and Deli at 14020 Porterfield Highway. Upon arrival, Command Unit 210 reported to responding units that building was full of smoke. It was discovered that a clothes dryer had caught fire. This was quickly extinguished. Engine 204, Tower 203, Command 209, and Command 210 responded and were assisted by The Washington County Life Saving Crew.